Tuesday, October 9, 2012
music of the Sitar classical indian music
The music of India is very different from western music. The main reason India's music is so different is because of the tuning system they use. Think of a the keys of the piano. There are white keys and black keys on the piano. In India's tuning system there are so to say white keys and black keys , but the main thing that is different is that there is a note in between the white key and black key. This note is called a 1/4 tone. The main instrument that can be used to hear and explain what India's music sounds like is the sitar. The sitar is a lute type instrument that uses 21 metal strings. 4 strings are played 3 strings act like drone notes and the rest are resonance strings just like a viol d amore.
I think India's classical music is some of the best music I ever heard. I hope you like it to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment